Navigation: HOME screen
You need to have completed section 11-2 Make an Online Booking before you begin
Once your clients have begun to make online bookings, it is essential that you understand the process involved in processing these online bookings – or "job requests" as they are referred to in the software. You also need to know how these bookings appear in your software, how to manage the bookings and, when ready, accept and schedule the bookings into your diary/schedule.
You will learn how to view a job request, assign the job to a sitter, and how to schedule it into your diary.
There are other functions that you can use with job requests – such as emailing clients and/or sitters about the request, or editing the request eg. changing the time of the service or adding a staff note – and when you are ready to learn more, you can take a look at the help section Job Requests.
Step 1: How do I Manage Online Bookings (Job Requests)?
Tammy's client, Linda, has requested a dog walk for Wednesday next week through the client portal. Tammy has received a notification email informing her of this, and she needs to process the job request prior to scheduling it in the diary.
You firstly need to know how to identify that a job request has been received. You should have received a CC email of the client's job request, but how do you access the job request in Pet Sitter Plus?
1. You will see 2 notifications on the HOME screen about job requests. You can either:
a) click on the "red box" above DIARY & SCHEDULING, or
b) click on the link "X clients with outstanding job requests".
You can also click straight through to the DIARY & SCHEDULING > JOB REQUESTS tab.
YOU WILL LEARN HOW TO:
Manage Online Bookings
The list of all job requests outstanding will be displayed here on the JOB REQUESTS menu tab.
2. Click the link by Linda's name "1 job request".
NOTE: BEFORE you an schedule a job, you need to "assign" a sitter to the job.
3. Check the box by the job request and click the button "Edit Requests...".
4. Select the "Staff" member from the dropdown "Gates, Tammy". click "Update".
5. Check the box by the job request and click the button "Schedule Jobs...".
6. Choose the "September" service order from the dropdown and click "Schedule Jobs".
7. You can see the job has been added to the September walks service order.
8. The job request has also been scheduled in the diary/schedule.
9. The client receives an automatic notification email that their job request has been scheduled. This is CC'd to your admin email inbox as well.
This tutorial demonstrates how you can begin to manage the job request workflow for online bookings within Pet Sitter Plus. To gain a greater understanding of the options available when you are ready to learn more, you can take a look at the Help pages for the Job Requests.
Congratulations! You have completed this stage.
To move forward to the next step, click the link below and then choose the next step: