You need to have completed Step 5: Add pets and routines before you begin
Your Pet Sitter Plus software will come pre-configured with several example client records for you to use during your training, and each of these clients also has one or two service orders that have various services scheduled in the diary.
You will learn how to schedule a simple dog walk and then view the service order that the software has generated. We learn how to view the order in Step 7 Check Diary & Scheduling.
Step 1: How do I Schedule a Service?
Tammy's client, Linda Macauley, has a dog called Sammy who she wants to book services for. You will schedule a home visit of 40 minutes for Sammy for the next day.
1. From Linda's client record, click the ORDERS tab, then click "Create New Order".
Navigation: CLIENTS > ORDERS
YOU WILL LEARN HOW TO:
Schedule a Service
2. Click on the title named "Service Order" to access the order.
3. Click "Add Jobs" to schedule a job.
We can now enter all the job details we require in the "Add Jobs" screen.
4. Select tomorrow's date. It doesn't matter which date you choose, as long as you remember it for when we are viewing the diary later.
5. Select the service that you want to schedule, "Home Visit, 40 mins".
6. Assign a sitter to the job – choose "Price, Janet".
7. When finished, click "Add Jobs".
8. The home visit has now been scheduled into the diary, and a service order has been generated.
Congratulations! You have completed this stage.
To move forward to the next step, click the link below and then choose the next step: