Navigation: CLIENTS > RECEIPTS
You need to have completed section 9-1 Outstanding Invoices Report before you begin
When adding a receipt, Pet Sitter Plus will try to automatically allocate the payment to any outstanding invoices. If an invoice hasn't been raised yet, the payment will be held as cash on account.
Receipting payments can be carried out from the outstanding invoices report, or you can add receipts directly into the client's account as this method has more functions available to choose which invoice to allocate the payment to.
In this section you will learn how to receipt a payment on a client's account.
Step 1: How do I Receipt a Payment?
Tammy has received a cash payment from "Test Client Adams" to pay for their outstanding invoice for $350.00. Tammy now needs to receipt this payment so that the client's account balances.
1. Navigate to "Test Client Adams" client record, and click the RECEIPTS tab.
2. Note that the client's outstanding debt of "350.00" is displayed in the sidebar which contains a 'snapshot' of the client's account.
3. Click "Add New Receipt".
YOU WILL LEARN HOW TO:
Add a Receipt
4. Enter the amount "350" in the "Amount" field.
5. Choose "Cash" from the dropdown for "Receipt Type".
6. Check the "Email Client" option. The "Receipt" email template is automatically pre-configured for you.
7. Click "Add This Receipt".
8. On the client's ORDERS tab, the invoice is now marked as "Paid".
9. The outstanding amount in the sidebar has now changed to a NIL amount.
This tutorial demonstrates a simple receipting scenario within Pet Sitter Plus. To gain a greater understanding of the options available when you are ready to learn more, you can take a look at more complex issues for changing how amounts are allocated to invoices and working with unallocated receipts in Understanding Unallocated Receipts.
Congratulations! You have completed this stage.
To move forward to the next step, click the link below and then choose the next step: